0800 912 0487

mobile friendly: 0330 100 7438

Monthly Archives: April 2015

Councils Paying Landlords To Provide Housing For People

As many private landlords will be aware, there is a shortage of suitable council housing for council tenants looking for accommodation. Over the years, the situation has got worse as an increasing number of people lost their owner-occupied properties due to the recession as they were unable to maintain their mortgage repayments. Another reason that there is a shortage of council accommodation is that many people were given the right to buy their local authority home many years ago and took up the option. There are a number of councils in the south east of the country and in London that are offering private landlords a significant sum of money to provide homes for those people on council house waiting lists. In fact, some councils in London are offering as much as £4,000 to landlords to ‘persuade” them to help them out. It is no secret that there are many private landlords who will not entertain taking on tenants that are on benefits and allow them to rent their properties as the perception is that some will not take as much care of the property as a private tenant who is not on benefits. Some landlords may now take a…

The Benefit Of Public Liability Insurance

If you are a landlord you have no doubt invested a considerable amount of money in purchasing your investment property, possibly carrying out certain improvements and marketing it. Having found a tenant, you can start to reap the financial rewards of your new business venture and, if you have one, start to repay the buy to let mortgage. There are so many things that you will have had to sort out. One of those may have been insurance on the property. Whilst you are under no legal obligation to arrange landlord insurance if you bought the property without recourse to borrowing money, if you arranged a mortgage, the lender may have made it a condition of the finance that you insure the property. In any event, surely it would be sensible to arrange such cover to protect your investment? However, you may not have been aware but one of the risks that is often covered as standard within landlord insurance is against one of your tenants attempting to sue you due to injuring themselves whilst on the premises. This is covered by public liability insurance. Potentially, this is an extremely valuable form of cover. Accidents to people do happen. Can…

LandlordInsure is owned by APB Media Ltd - an Introducer Appointed Representative of One-Sure Insurance Limited, which is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under firm reference 447730. You may check this on the FCA's register by visiting the FCA's website, www.fca.org.uk/register/ or by calling 0800 111 6768.

* Take out an insurance policy through One-Sure Insurance Limited and if you find a cheaper Insurance quotation within 48 hours, subject to written proof being received that the Insurance quotation is on a like for like basis, One-Sure Insurance Limited will cancel the Insurance policy and issue you with a full refund.