0800 912 0487

mobile friendly: 0330 100 7438

What is Landlord Insurance and What Makes It Different from Home Insurance?

Landlord Insurance is designed specifically to provide cover for various risks associated with a property that is rented out. These risks may include such things as damage caused to the structure of the building, fixtures and fittings and contents owned by you that are in the rental property as a result of the likes of fire, theft, storm or water. Other risks that may be covered include, for instance, third party liability, loss of rent and alternative accommodation, unauthorised alteration and home emergencies.

A home insurance policy would not pay out for a damage claim on a property/fixtures and fittings/contents that is being rented out for financial gain or for things like loss of rent whereas a Landlord Insurance policy would. A home insurance policy would not normally meet a claim on a property that is left unoccupied for beyond around 30 days unless by prior arrangement with the insurance company for which an additional premium would normally be payable whereas a Landlord Insurance policy may meet a claim if the property had been damaged whilst unoccupied for as long as anything up to 90/120 days although this may vary with different companies.

LandlordInsure is owned by APB Media Ltd - an Introducer Appointed Representative of One-Sure Insurance Limited, which is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under firm reference 447730. You may check this on the FCA's register by visiting the FCA's website, www.fca.org.uk/register/ or by calling 0800 111 6768.

* Take out an insurance policy through One-Sure Insurance Limited and if you find a cheaper Insurance quotation within 48 hours, subject to written proof being received that the Insurance quotation is on a like for like basis, One-Sure Insurance Limited will cancel the Insurance policy and issue you with a full refund.