0800 912 0487

mobile friendly: 0330 100 7438

Trace & Access

What would you do if you received a phone call from the tenant of your rental property who had just returned to the property one afternoon to inform you that there was water dripping from the lounge ceiling onto the ground floor? One of the things that you may ask your tenant to do is to vacate the premises for the time being and then you may call the insurance company that provides your landlord insurance.

This is because the above is one of the risks that may be covered under your landlords insurance policy and is referred to as “trace and access insurance”. This covers you for having to call out an engineer to identify where the leak is coming from, gain access to it, repair it and make good any damage such as to the plasterwork, carpets, ceiling, light fittings etc.

Such damage and labour costs could run into a significant sum so trace and access insurance is designed to provide you with peace of mind should such an unfortunate event occur at your rental property.

Through our partner, we will be pleased to arrange a no-obligation competitive quotation for you to peruse at your leisure.

LandlordInsure is owned by APB Media Ltd - an Introducer Appointed Representative of One-Sure Insurance Limited, which is authorised & regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under firm reference 447730. You may check this on the FCA's register by visiting the FCA's website, www.fca.org.uk/register/ or by calling 0800 111 6768.

* Take out an insurance policy through One-Sure Insurance Limited and if you find a cheaper Insurance quotation within 48 hours, subject to written proof being received that the Insurance quotation is on a like for like basis, One-Sure Insurance Limited will cancel the Insurance policy and issue you with a full refund.